Mark Zuckerberg is the founder and CEO of Facebook. The social networking platform has grown to 2 billion users and made Mark several more. He has a net worth of almost $76 billion (5/14/20). Not only has Mark build an empire out of Facebook, but he has also delved into several other areas as well. This is Mark Zuckerberg: Facts, Business, and Life, a detailed insight.
Mark Zuckerberg Net Worth Explained
If you are wondering how much money Mark Zuckerberg makes, well here are are some key points:
- Mark Zuckerberg is the seven-richest person in the world.
- The 36-year-old Facebook co-founder and CEO has earned an average of $6 million a day during his life
- Since the Facebook IPO in 2012, Zuckerberg has added an average of $9 billion to his net worth each year.
- Zuckerberg is so rich that he’s able to live off an annual salary of $1.
Mark Zuckerberg makes his money from a myriad of places. The majority of his wealth comes from his Facebook stock. He currently owns 17% of it. Considering Facebook is worth almost $500 billion, you can imagine how much he is making out of it.
Mark Zuckerberg Investments
He has invested money in the technological and education sectors, as they interest him the most. These include the following.
- He invested $4 million in Panorama, a company working to bring big data analytics to school boards.
- He was also part of a $40 million round along with Elon Musk and Ashton Kutcher in Vicarious. The company aims to bring AI to robots in order to enhance their learning capabilities.
- Zuckerberg was also part of a $50 million round of funding into Asana, a company founded by Dustin Moskovitz who also co-founded Facebook
- Lastly, he invested $5 million in MasteryConnect, a company that builds software for teachers to keep a track of student progress.
Zuckerberg has several properties to his name in his portfolio. These include;
- A house in Palo Alto, California. He bought this in 2011 for $7 million.
- He also bought the houses in his Palo Alto neighborhood to protect his privacy. These were bought for more than $43 million.
- He owns a townhouse in San Francisco, a plantation in Hawaii, and properties in Lake Tahoe. These have a combined worth of approximately $170 million.
In July 2019, Mark Zuckerberg announced Facebook Libra, a cryptocurrency. The aim was to reinvent money and transform the global economy. Libra Association was established. This entity would serve as oversight of the project, and comprised of tech giants.
The digital currency was meant to be launched this summer, however, plans have been delayed due to intense regulatory pressure.
Zuckerberg has used his fortune to give back to the community and the world. He has funded a myriad of charitable causes. These include.
- In September 2010, he donated $100 million to save the failing Newark Public Schools system in New Jersey.
- December 2010: He signed the Giving Pledge, promising to donate at least 50% of his wealth to charity during his life.
- In November 2015, he pledged to give 99% of his Facebook shares to charity.
- In December 2015, he established Chan Zuckerberg Initiative along with his wife. The aim is to advance human potential and promote equality in areas such as health, education, scientific research and energy
- Zuckerberg announced that the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) would invest at least $3 billion into scientific research over the next decade to help “cure, prevent and manage all diseases in our children’s lifetime.
Well, this was Mark Zuckerberg: Facts, Business & Life, a detailed insight. Let us know in the comments section below if you found this insightful.
Also read: Mark Zuckerberg and Eduardo Saverin