Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode are WordPress plugins that allow you to build maintenance or coming soon pages for a website with an image or video background.
When running a website, there are times when the page cannot be displayed temporarily – whether it’s due to an update, an upgrade, or simply because you need to do a few minor tasks before it can go live. In such cases, using some of the coming soon plugins that are utilized all the time when the site isn’t entirely ready is suggested.
The following are some of the reasons for the importance of using these plugins:
To prevent being banned by Google:
- A Coming Soon plugin should be installed to keep people from accessing your site if your website isn’t finished and placeholders and texts aren’t filled in. This is significant since Google Web Crawler may be one of these visitors. If a website isn’t ready, it’s a mechanism that can index the entire site wrongly, causing problems. A disruption in the site’s SEO ranking as a result of the optimization being focused on improper information is one of the concerns that could develop.
- Furthermore, users may form an incorrect impression of the brand, believing that it is careless and does not adhere to its content.
- Last but not least, fixing this mistake might take a long time due to Google’s infrequent re-indexation.
To have the ability to prevent mistakes from occurring:
- Websites can produce several types of errors while in the development stage, some of which may reveal significant data about your business. It goes without saying that all of this information might be used against you if it falls into the wrong hands. You could avoid this by using a coming soon plugin.
You may still show off your company’s designs:
- For businesses, having a good visual representation is crucial. Even if your website isn’t finished yet, you can show off your amazing design by adding a background picture that will captivate your visitors and entice them to return.
You also have other elements to consider while using the plugins :
- There are several additional beneficial choices that coming soon plugins might assist you in integrating into your website.
- A countdown clock, status bars, a login button, IP blockers, email alerts, themes, and more features are available.
Which plugins should you use?
There are many fantastic solutions accessible online for coming soon plugins. We’ve personally tried a range of them. Here are a few of our favorites:
1. Coming soon & Maintenance Mode
Coming Soon is incredibly simple to use, contains exactly the functionality you want, and has themes that are appropriate for your company. Check the example themes on the picture below or via the link!
You can use Licence Manager to create and manage as many licenses as you need to create keyless licenses that are domain-activated and do not require a license key for activation. Also, you can enable per-license features like the white-label option, extra templates, and expiry date, see a detailed list of sites using your licenses, and disable sites and licenses as needed, in addition to Coming Soon and Maintenance Mode.
If you don’t want to utilize the License Manager, you don’t have to; your master license key will continue to operate indefinitely. However, the License Manager is included in the Agency license and is not an additional fee.
Your new plugin matches your branding well! Change the plugin’s name, add new descriptions, remove all original branding, including the original plugin name, visuals, and descriptions, upload a custom logo, change colors, and modify the plugin’s CSS until it’s your own and your customers believe it’s a custom plugin crafted specifically for their needs. You may rename it and offer it as a standalone product.
This plugin helps you build modern and appetizing under-construction pages in just a few moments. Its professional look leaves an impression like it was a work of a few-hour project.
Some of the examples are shown in the picture below, and for more, you can check the link.
If you purchase this plugin, you will gain access to a number of additional features. Many templates for creating your own landing page, maintenance page, or coming soon page, the ability to generate tracked inbound links with one click and share them on social media or with your affiliates to pin-point traffic with the highest conversion rate, and excellent and secure user support are just a few of them.
The Maintenance plugin allows the WordPress site administrator to stop the website for maintenance, activate “503 Service temporarily unavailable,” and set a temporary page with authorization, all of which may be changed in the plugin settings.
On all devices, you may easily adjust the good look. You may quickly and easily add your logo, a background picture, a color, and text. You can find more examples of what this plugin looks like on the Screenshot department on the link.
Retina-ready HTML/CSS layout, full-screen background (Backstretch), blur background effect, and more are just a few of the features. You may upload your logo, use various fonts, and customize titles, headlines, and other text, which enables you to personalize the plugin for your own needs completely.
In addition, if you purchase this plugin, you will gain access to a number of additional features, such as frontend user login and admin bar status. This plugin allows you to exclude a certain page from Maintenance mode.
Only utilize maintenance mode when your site is down for maintenance. Use coming soon mode instead if your site hasn’t been released yet.
We hope that this article has clarified the need for such plugins and choosing between maintenance and coming soon modes. We also hope that our top recommendations were useful to you.