Shopping is much more different nowadays than it was just 10 or 20 years ago. Today, a lot of businesses buy and sell their products online, which is why so many B2B businesses opted to open eCommerce stores. In fact, B2B eCommerce site sales are expected to reach nearly $1.77 trillion in 2022.
If you want to sell online, you need to have a good domain name, reliable shipping methods, and come up with great promotional strategies, just to name a few things. But if you want to be successful, you should also know the latest B2B eCommerce trends and tips for 2022.
1. Create a Business Plan
If you’re just starting off or if you think your business can be improved, you need to create a business plan that will help you maintain your focus on the goals you set. This plan will be sort of a roadmap that will help you understand where you want your business to go and how you’ll get it where you want.
This is one of the most important strategic documents you can create for your online store.
When you create it, it will help you achieve the following:
- Understand your business better. Having a vague idea of what you want your business to be about isn’t enough. You need to write down every important detail. This includes the products you want to sell, who you want to sell to, and what kind of website you need to achieve your goals.
- Plan out resources. A well-thought-out plan can help you identify all of the financial, physical, and human resources you need. It can also help you come up with strategies on how you can obtain them.
- Bring investors. If you need help from investors, they are going to ask for a business plan before they commit to financing you. This is because they want to see if you’re a reliable business that has the potential to grow and is worthy of an investment.
Writing out a business plan is very important, but it’s also time-consuming since it requires you to include a lot of details. If you want to make the process easier for you, you can create your business plan online in less than 10 minutes by entering some basic information about your business.
2. Be Present on LinkedIn
LinkedIn is best known for being the only business-oriented social media platform and a place that many people use to find jobs or employees. However, LinkedIn is much more than a job-hunting platform, and a lot of professional B2B businesses use it for marketing.
In fact,97% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to generate leads, build strong relationships, establish their reputation, and gain market insight.
To use this platform for marketing, you need to do the following:
- Set up a professional company page for your business that includes a logo, an authentic banner, and a professional company description, so it’s crystal clear what business the page represents.
- Share B2B content regularly and make sure the things you share will be interesting and useful to your audience. As an added bonus, make sure the content is optimized for search engines.
- Grow your page by getting as many followers as you can and joining communities related to your business.
- Use the built-in LinkedIn Analysis features to track your traffic metrics, engagement metrics, the number of visitors and followers you have, and so on.
However, the most important thing you need to remember when it comes to LinkedIn marketing is that you can’t get far unless you have a decent following.
If you’re just starting out on the platform, you are probably having issues with lead generation, but you can fix that with an automation tool. This tool allows you to grow your network, build smart message chains, manage your contacts, and much more. If you need more information, you can visit the site and see how this tool can help you.
3. Build a User-Friendly Website
Your B2B eCommerce site won’t go far if it doesn’t meet the needs of the people who use it. After all, your website represents your business, and it’s what your customers are going to use to complete their purchases, so it needs to be as convenient as possible.
Here are some suggestions for making your website more user-friendly:
- Make sure it works well on both desktop and mobile devices. With smartphones getting better and better every year, a lot of people prefer using their phones to desktops to complete online purchases. If your website isn’t optimized for mobile users, you can lose a lot of potential business.
- Reduce the website’s loading time. Today’s consumers are very impatient, and nobody wants to wait around for your website to load. The standard loading time should be no more than two seconds, regardless of what device is used to access the site.
- Provide easy navigation. Your customers should be able to find everything they need on your website in just a few clicks and without too much effort.
- Think about users with disabilities. Make it easy for your users who have disabilities to use your website by implementing alt-text to all of your images and graphics. Additionally, add transcripts and subtitles to any video and audio content you have.
- Offer several communication channels. B2B buyers, especially, often have more questions before they will purchase from you. With cloud phone systems and live chat platforms, customers are just a click on your website away from getting the answers they need to buy from you confidently.
- Don’t forget about functionalities. Choose the right plugins for your eCommerce. We have tested and tried WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping and WooCommerce Order Export. WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping – PRO enables the creation of advanced shipping rules based on weight, item count, and other factors, the use of shipping classes to construct fine-grained rules, the creation of unique shipping method names, and the capacity to hide shipping methods. WooCommerce Order Export – PRO, manages your orders and other e-commerce-related information. You can export all the data you want, and create automated exports directly to your inbox or FTP, among other things.
Sometimes it can seem impossible to overcome all the barriers to success in business and grow your company to the point where it’s profitable while not succumbing to stress.
The B2B eCommerce marketing is hard to break through in, but it won’t be impossible if you know all the trends and tips, even though it may appear so at times.